The line of your lips is finely made,
as suffering accepted has transmuted pain
into a sculptor who
has given you much beauty;
yet the pain has shaped too
the eyes setting,
as if a slight question waits
in the back of your mind
asking,is this right?
and I perceive this and how you may suddenly tremble
with a memory too piercing;
yet how you love
the world so broken,
what are you saying to me?
I gather you ask me this:
Is it good to be alive?
Top Posts & Pages
- The inky pen has fallen from my hand
- Perspective, focus, possibility
- Evil Europe
- Afraid of falling, slowness, ridicule
- We view too much, so pity leaves the scene
- It was her genes that made her so sinful.
- Yet there is a blind spot in each human eye
- To lose ourselves in nature is such joy
- I've made a little shrine upon his desk
- Maeve O'Brien: Sylvia Plath and the Language of Oppression