The line of your lips is finely made,
as suffering accepted has transmuted pain
into a sculptor who
has given you much beauty;
yet the pain has shaped too
the eyes setting,
as if a slight question waits
in the back of your mind
asking,is this right?
and I perceive this and how you may suddenly tremble
with a memory too piercing;
yet how you love
the world so broken,
what are you saying to me?
I gather you ask me this:
Is it good to be alive?
Top Posts & Pages
- With leaders
- "Their beauty has more meaning" by Robinson Jeffers
- Emily Dickinson: The brain is wider than the sky
- Stan's vest
- I ask you to remain an end forever or until I find the means
- Britain, the Satan of the West
- Our culture sinks into primeval muck.
- The danger of Holy Communion during a flue epidemic
- A short poem