The line of your lips is finely made,
as suffering accepted has transmuted pain
into a sculptor who
has given you much beauty;
yet the pain has shaped too
the eyes setting,
as if a slight question waits
in the back of your mind
asking,is this right?
and I perceive this and how you may suddenly tremble
with a memory too piercing;
yet how you love
the world so broken,
what are you saying to me?
I gather you ask me this:
Is it good to be alive?
Top Posts & Pages
- Short break
- Elusive inner presence, other me
- While I live, to whom am I of use?
- The cat waiting for a mouse
- A day in the life of a poetry translator
- The rational one can be almost deranged
- An Old Testament of Endurance
- The words
- 61 Hilarious Yiddish Insults You Need To Know
- Uncork that wine and let's enjoy some puns.