The line of your lips is finely made,
as suffering accepted has transmuted pain
into a sculptor who
has given you much beauty;
yet the pain has shaped too
the eyes setting,
as if a slight question waits
in the back of your mind
asking,is this right?
and I perceive this and how you may suddenly tremble
with a memory too piercing;
yet how you love
the world so broken,
what are you saying to me?
I gather you ask me this:
Is it good to be alive?
Top Posts & Pages
- Not his honey, not his little hin
- He said he was ill but not that he was dead.Men!
- Can you write a good poem fast?
- Mary and the underpants
- Free:a course on poetry writing for beginners
- Too much "life"
- When you connect your phone to your laptop.....does it have the right cable to both transfer files and charge the phone?
- As they float across the sky in silent bliss
- Somebody copied the title of my poem