Teal skies glaze Lake Windermere again.
My lover arrives,
looking calm and kind.
He inspires me–that man
walking by me in near silence to
Stone house where my cat waits patiently
by the glittering fire.
Now gentle teal skies fade
into soft lilac grey endings.
On the prowl.
Lover in my bed
my skin with tenderness.
Skin against skin.
And truth into this world.
Top Posts & Pages
- The triumph of love?
- Geoffrey Hill, a fine poet
- Sometimes that hot waiter never boils
- I see another fragrant hearse.
- Arduity… about difficult poetry
- Fear of cashpoints
- By hooking onto other people's eyes
- I still miss those voices I once heard
- Then why it asked my number, I forgot
- The most useful proverbs for English language students