When I went to bed last night the touch of the clean linen seemed to be like the touch of a kind mother caressing me gently.The pillows held my head gently as I lay back.The warmth from the heater seems like being held close.These things which I know to be inanimate feel like people with personalities.The cheap toilet paper seems cruel and harsh.The face cream feels like a lover’s touch might as he stroked me tenderly.Even the cat we used to have was given human characteristics.i thought I had stopped thinking like this since I grew up and no longer saw faces in the wallpaper.Now I understand more and it intrigues me as I go on my way to dream and be loved by my bed linen…everything seems to have an intention…. clearly I don’t believe it rationally but it’s how I feel.That’s why poverty is so cruel
Top Posts & Pages
- Mary thinks while Annie learns Grammar
- Should you go on holiday this year.......
- When blackness is accepted, may one learn?
- Poetry and the American civil war
- Three Hundred Thousand More BY JAMES SLOAN GIBBONS
- After 3 years exactly ,I have lit the lamp
- Joan of Arc
- Post-truth, post-God, post meaning, post remorse
- Poetic truth:Wordsworth
- An interview with the poet Khaya Ronkainen[ life from South Africa to Finland]