They tell me that trees are a wonderful sight
They have leaves hanging on them all day and all night.
They tell me the golden sun shines in the sky
It’s said to be so much brighter so high.
I’d like to hear birdsong and thunder and hail.
At all these pursuits worms are likely to fail.
We only make holes in the soil as we move
And we know almost nothing about feelings and love.
We don’t know why we’re here or what purpose we serve
And our earthen workplace is also our grave.
Top Posts & Pages
- I saw your soul in your transparent face.
- Which of us desires to dress for war?
- Grammar- Commonly Misused
- Unless there is a space where we can doubt
- Love itself
- The most read post in June
- Precognition by Margaret Atwood
- Keats' letters
- Keats' letters 2
- Copy contacts to SIM for a non smart Nokia phone