They tell me that trees are a wonderful sight
They have leaves hanging on them all day and all night.
They tell me the golden sun shines in the sky
It’s said to be so much brighter so high.
I’d like to hear birdsong and thunder and hail.
At all these pursuits worms are likely to fail.
We only make holes in the soil as we move
And we know almost nothing about feelings and love.
We don’t know why we’re here or what purpose we serve
And our earthen workplace is also our grave.
Top Posts & Pages
- "Their beauty has more meaning" by Robinson Jeffers
- Flowers in spring time
- Memory and invisible people
- Things I used to like included stiles
- Suddenly smiling broke out
- Old sixties song
- Kind of doodling before I read about how to draw faces
- We are all unstable till we’re dead
- The North Country