Your face is map enough for me ,
Your gaze,your smile,your frown,your glee.
And if I want to know the rest
The shape your posture‘s made is best
For showing what your life is now.
A look,a gesture all this show.
Till whom you are is then disclosed
And I am in your arms enrobed.
Love vanishes when analyzed,
And thinking too
by Love’s despised
Use the means to fit the end
And then I’ll be what you intend
- A Gesture of Kindness (psychologytoday.com)
- Carol Ann Duffy wishes the Poetry Library a Happy Birthday (southbankcentre.co.uk)
- Poetry Struggle (writemywrongz.wordpress.com)
- Love’s Poetry (karlapatin.wordpress.com)
- [POETRY] Maxwell Clark – “To Love Who Is Near” (indeliblenichecollective.wordpress.com)