Since you went away
I miss your tenderness
I miss your affection
I miss your music
I miss your humor
I miss your voice
I miss your hands
I miss your bony shape
I don’t have to hear how the shadow side of your literary persona is feeling…. usually terrible
I don’t even have to know you are not your literary persona.
Was it all that literary?
By the way,it was Jung who invented the term persona for a front we put on
I don’t have to hear your view on a topic I know more about than you but you hate to admit it
I don’t have to pretend to be less intelligent than you
I don’t have to tolerate your sulking for days
I don’t have to spend my money on books you think I should read… especially on politics
I don’t have to worry if my art is better or worse than yours
I don’t have to tolerate your extreme rigidity…it’s hard sleeping with a board!
And a beard!
I hate most of your favorite foods
I don’t have to act like a mother to you… a good mother,that is
I like the space you have left.
Sometimes we really do need more space.
I don’t have to wear a pretty but chilly nightgown
I can read all night and play with the cat
I can go out with the man whom I met in the museum of modern art
I can drink all the tea in the pot
- Psychology in Writing: The Persona – Introduction (wtjowett.wordpress.com)
- Jung and his theory (thehiddenshelf.wordpress.com)
- Against Collective Integration: Carl Jung (jennifermarohasy.com)
- Psychology in Writing: The Persona – Writing Prompt (wtjowett.wordpress.com)
- Carl Jung on the Shattered Knife (carljungdepthpsychology.blogspot.com)
- Restoring the Sacred Role of Women: A Jungian look at “The Da Vinci Code” (ifhappinesscanlastforever.com)
- 7 Facts You Probably DIDN’T Know About Kissing (beyoumagazineph.wordpress.com)
- “The Red Book”: A Primer For Healing Madness In A Mad World (beyondmeds.com)
- Archetype (heutagogyhighestorder.wordpress.com)