WORDS RISE UP
After writing about maps I began to write about words.Words are very powerful in any kind of society but more so in a highly literate one.Words can be sacred or mundane.They can be loving or heartbreaking.And in English we have so many of them because English was developed from several other languages….Anglo-Saxon,French,Latin,Greek,Celtic…..so more than one word for some things.Here in this poem I compare words to birds [ geese ] flocking into the sky like words flock into our minds
Words rise up like geese at dawn
When with pale sun new day is born
The words approach and dance in line
The choice of words is mine
Words spelled here by sense and sound
In clause and sentence weave around.
Which tempting words shall I now use
And which shall I refuse?
The fire lights up inside my heart
So now my writing hand can start/
I sit down at my desk and say
“This is the way I spend my day.
With words I sing and play”.
- What Canada geese can teach us (leslinetmd.wordpress.com)
- Morning Geese (thethinkingpen.com)
- The Geese Made It (johnnyojanpera.wordpress.com)
- Learning from geese! (2doxsa.wordpress.com)
- “Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings … These are a few of my favourite things” (50nightsunderthestars.wordpress.com)