I gave someone a book which contains extracts from the sketchbooks of a number of artists.We were talking on the phone and she said she likes to look at their work and especially when they went wrong,made mistakes.
At the time I felt surprised so I said nothing.I wouldn’t do that because I consider myself not to be knowledgeable as an artist.
Still perhaps I should imitate her!Maybe I am too deferebtial in my attitude to artists considered to be good…
However,always looking first for what is wrong in life or art or anything else could make one negative.
- Improvisation, Nude: The Emperors of Contemporary Art and Art Criticism Have No Clothes. Is that Okay? (santitafarella.wordpress.com)
- Tran Luong – Vietnam’s Foremost Multimedia Artist (vietnamesecinema.wordpress.com)
- A critique of a critic (aloofgirl.wordpress.com)
- Ask the Art Professor: Where Do I Start? (claralieu.wordpress.com)
- How to deal with criticism (tenkapublishing.wordpress.com)
- I had an art critic in my studio nearly every day for fourteen years, sometime three or four times a day (stephanieburnsfineart.com)
- Wild Wednesdays : Let Love Prosper! (aroundthea.wordpress.com)