Here are the basics steps on formatting your manuscript in Microsoft Word for self publication. These steps include including setting up the correct trim size, setting up the correct margins, formatting the text, and numbering the pages.
- Be sure your book is in ONE electronic file.
- Set up your page size. The Directions below are for MS Word 7 and 10
- The most common and most economical trim sizes is 5.25 inches wide x 8.25 inches tall. To format to our other sizes, please change the “PAPER SIZE” per the following instructions. All other adjustments stay the same.
- In MICROSOFT WORD, open a NEW Document and click on PAGE SETUP under PAGE LAYOUT.
- Set your PAPER SIZE to Custom 5.25” x 8.25”.
- Set your MARGINS to Mirror Margins with the Inside Margins being .75″ and the outside margins being .5″. This creates space for the binding of the book. We…
View original post 587 more words