A heart pain woke me from my sleep.
Inside my soul there was a gap.
I tried to make it disappear;
To delete it from the map.
But still the ache persisted;
I tried hard to forget;
Till I sat down in my garden chair,
And stayed with my upset.
The sun may shine,
the birds may sing
But that to me
no pleasure brings
Because of my regret.
As I sat still upon my chair
To me three Angels did appear,
And they are with me yet.
They took my heart into their care,
With golden threads they are sewing there,
Until the work’s complete.
My task is just to sit quite still.
And let God’s angels do His Will,
As I sit here at Her Feet.
Top Posts & Pages
- Many ways to avoid having sex
- Like a cat
- Fete des belles eaux
- The War Requiem
- Now the Requiem precedes the war
- How to become more boring
- Poetry,politics and sound in Benjamin Britten
- Then you take them home drunk in a box.
- The sensuous world contains both word and fire.
- At the gate by Henrick Norbrandt