When yet another lover flees my bed
and leaves me cold and lonely in the night,
I wonder if it’s unkind words I’ve said,
Or is it that my eyes have lost their light?
I lure them in with all my female arts.
They feel I’m like a spider with a trap.
to lure ,devour,digest my foolish guests,
They think there should be warnings on the map,
But some who find me feel they have been blessed.
I give them my attention and desire
I give them gentle care and sing sweet songs.
I give them comfort like a winter fire
Oh,come back ,sweet one,don’t desert me yet,
The clothes I washed for you are still quite wet.
Top Posts & Pages
- Without your love, I'm nobody I know.
- On't bum
- The fretting waves cry out with love’s demand
- Religious test Part 1
- About how many immigrants God made
- Carnation,orchid ,daffodil and rose.
- The Temple builders estimated pi.
- About Nick and the Candlestick by Plath
- Arguing might lead to early death
- About me