When yet another lover flees my bed
and leaves me cold and lonely in the night,
I wonder if it’s unkind words I’ve said,
Or is it that my eyes have lost their light?
I lure them in with all my female arts.
They feel I’m like a spider with a trap.
to lure ,devour,digest my foolish guests,
They think there should be warnings on the map,
But some who find me feel they have been blessed.
I give them my attention and desire
I give them gentle care and sing sweet songs.
I give them comfort like a winter fire
Oh,come back ,sweet one,don’t desert me yet,
The clothes I washed for you are still quite wet.
Top Posts & Pages
- Covered in ink
- The poet contemplates the nature of reality
- He got divorced as he could not bear Lynn
- The white starling
- Yet shadows give the depth and height to life
- Symphony of science
- Windows by Charles Baudelaire
- Poetic truth:Wordsworth
- Feeling is the highest art of all
- An old manor house in Harlowbury