When yet another lover flees my bed
and leaves me cold and lonely in the night,
I wonder if it’s unkind words I’ve said,
Or is it that my eyes have lost their light?
I lure them in with all my female arts.
They feel I’m like a spider with a trap.
to lure ,devour,digest my foolish guests,
They think there should be warnings on the map,
But some who find me feel they have been blessed.
I give them my attention and desire
I give them gentle care and sing sweet songs.
I give them comfort like a winter fire
Oh,come back ,sweet one,don’t desert me yet,
The clothes I washed for you are still quite wet.
Top Posts & Pages
- Many ways to avoid having sex
- Like a cat
- Fete des belles eaux
- The War Requiem
- Now the Requiem precedes the war
- How to become more boring
- Poetry,politics and sound in Benjamin Britten
- Then you take them home drunk in a box.
- The sensuous world contains both word and fire.
- At the gate by Henrick Norbrandt