This boyfriend used to run a little restaurant.He does the shopping for his family and comes back on the same bus with me.He advises me and helps me by making me stay seated until the bus stops and he then persuades the driver to open the front door which is lower to dismount from than the back one.
One day there was an extremely fat man sitting in front of me.He was sticking out half way across the aisle so I was not surprised with no vision on that side when I bumped into him.He was furious so I apologised gently.When we got off my boyfriend told me if that happens again I must say,
You are very fortunate [ to be touched by me!!].
I don’t think I’ve been out since… owing to illness not the bumping into the man.So I miss my nice sweet boyfriend.I only see him on the bus or at the stop.
Top Posts & Pages
- With leaders
- "Their beauty has more meaning" by Robinson Jeffers
- Be careful
- Britain, the Satan of the West
- Emily Dickinson: The brain is wider than the sky
- The earth has its own gravity and grace
- Our culture sinks into primeval muck.
- I ask you to remain an end forever or until I find the means
- Ode to a lightbulb
- Stan's vest