We are in this boat together
Sailing across the bay.
Some have an easy voyage,
The wind is blowing their way.
I wish I could always be sailing
Across a wide ocean with you
And never reach the other side
though it may be in view.
I want to see the sunrise
Across the dappled sea.
The ripples of the water
Reveal a new world to me.
One day this boat will reach the shore
Unless destroyed by storm
And I shall have to leave your arms
Where I have been so warm.
So just before we get there
I wanted you to know
That I shall always love you
Wherever you may go.
Top Posts & Pages
- Don't go to Gaza... holiday advice
- Problems of painters and poets
- The hand that casts it
- After 3 years exactly ,I have lit the lamp
- Joan of Arc
- Old or pregnant people forced to stand at bus stop en route for hospital
- "Their beauty has more meaning" by Robinson Jeffers
- Transport for London and the disabled
- Post-truth, post-God, post meaning, post remorse
- The most dangerous countries for holidays