My heart is like a rowing boat adrift
Whose occupant has fallen overboard
The empty vessel drifts through deep sea mist.
And in those pearl filled ears the deep sea roars.
Just as the boat drifts mapless,so do I.
My maps were drawn for quite another sea
My captain’s taken leave and now I cry
As if that drowned soul might just be me.
Yet on the sea bed mysteries abound;
Such wonders and such magic there displayed.
I wonder if it is my lot drown
And to a memory then quickly fade.
Maps are no more certainties than hints.
Between the lines hides gold from other mints.
Top Posts & Pages
- Embarrassing moments
- Across the suburbs, blossom overblown
- Why write in form?
- Why were death and suffering a virtue?
- When everything is just interpretation
- Saturnine from Merriam Webster
- When we feel we're falling piece by piece
- And so you went, but left your patterns here.
- May turns
- I know that being sad is no disgrace