When soft winds blow and air warms our bare skin.
When days are long like melodies of youth,
when light wakes up the soul from out her sin
Then shall we know when this sweet life is truth?
When flowers droop and leaves are dried and brown;
When water’s short and all is arid and forlorn’
Then do not meet disaster with a frown,
For out of heartfelt sorrow life is born.
When winter’s here and all is quiet and still
And nothing seems to move or grow or speak
Then we shall learn the limits of our will
for through the soil the first green shoots will break.
For seasons change and actors come and go.
Yet through such changes, life is what we know
Top Posts & Pages
- Embarrassing moments
- Across the suburbs, blossom overblown
- Why write in form?
- Why were death and suffering a virtue?
- When everything is just interpretation
- Saturnine from Merriam Webster
- When we feel we're falling piece by piece
- And so you went, but left your patterns here.
- May turns
- I know that being sad is no disgrace