When soft winds blow and air warms our bare skin.
When days are long like melodies of youth,
when light wakes up the soul from out her sin
Then shall we know when this sweet life is truth?
When flowers droop and leaves are dried and brown;
When water’s short and all is arid and forlorn’
Then do not meet disaster with a frown,
For out of heartfelt sorrow life is born.
When winter’s here and all is quiet and still
And nothing seems to move or grow or speak
Then we shall learn the limits of our will
for through the soil the first green shoots will break.
For seasons change and actors come and go.
Yet through such changes, life is what we know
Top Posts & Pages
- The need to look again till it makes sense.
- The last songs
- And death shall have no dominium by Dylan Thomas
- Catastrophic visions are poor guides
- Lonely, we must choose our final deal
- New Tears
- I backed up my computer,read a book
- A vigil begins in afflicted London
- Composed upon Westminster Bridge, September 3, 1802
- By hooking onto other people's eyes