- A beam of light passed through my eyes
- And showed to me a world disguised
- So near, yet far, we do not see,
Unless by gift of grace redeemed.
That world is full of peace and calm
Its colours mingle like a balm
In such a moment all thought dies
Revealing Love which underlies.
Colours brush my naked eye
Sunlight offers new designs.
I stand enthralled, and do not wish
For one delight, other than this.
My breath slows down, and filled with joy,
I rove my eyes with bliss to toy.
Everything is all itself.
This is now our living wealth.
Beneath the noise of city traffic,
This mellow joy, love soporific,
Such depth and peace is always near
When we choose Love and turn from fear
Top Posts & Pages
- "Their beauty has more meaning" by Robinson Jeffers
- This variegated colour
- Ezra Pound's 23 don'ts for poets
- Blue glass and the bowl of sea shells ring
- The silence seems to hiss
- I will sleep on a pillar
- We struggle on our unknown journey
- Oh,wind on green
- A great blog about cats with paintings and photos
- “Yoma,” Geoffrey Hartman’s last poem.