Floating like seaweed on the tide,
The final leaves of summer die.
The birds ride on the wind’s broad back,
They know no fear and know no lack.
The air is filled with such great treasure,
My female heart its wonder measures.
The clouds are deep and dark and grey
What rainstorms may they fetch our way?
The sun appears and gives a glow
Of yellow to bare branches low.
Red berries bright, like summer flowers,
Decorate the holly’s pointed tower.
Sharp thorns protect the smaller birds,
And from inside , their cheeps are heard.
As dusk arrives the blackbird sings,
So much sweetness nature brings.
As I turn my mind from in to out,
I feel salvation for my doubts.
I know that I’m part of the whole,
And with all life, I share my soul.
In this peaceful place, I rest,
As with love’s eloquence I’m blessed.
There’s singing in my inner heart.
Like bees to flowers, my fears depart
Top Posts & Pages
- Not his honey, not his little hin
- He said he was ill but not that he was dead.Men!
- Can you write a good poem fast?
- Mary and the underpants
- Free:a course on poetry writing for beginners
- Too much "life"
- When you connect your phone to your laptop.....does it have the right cable to both transfer files and charge the phone?
- As they float across the sky in silent bliss
- Somebody copied the title of my poem