Floating like seaweed on the tide,
The final leaves of summer die.
The birds ride on the wind’s broad back,
They know no fear and know no lack.
The air is filled with such great treasure,
My female heart its wonder measures.
The clouds are deep and dark and grey
What rainstorms may they fetch our way?
The sun appears and gives a glow
Of yellow to bare branches low.
Red berries bright, like summer flowers,
Decorate the holly’s pointed tower.
Sharp thorns protect the smaller birds,
And from inside , their cheeps are heard.
As dusk arrives the blackbird sings,
So much sweetness nature brings.
As I turn my mind from in to out,
I feel salvation for my doubts.
I know that I’m part of the whole,
And with all life, I share my soul.
In this peaceful place, I rest,
As with love’s eloquence I’m blessed.
There’s singing in my inner heart.
Like bees to flowers, my fears depart
Top Posts & Pages
- Embarrassing moments
- Across the suburbs, blossom overblown
- Why write in form?
- Why were death and suffering a virtue?
- When everything is just interpretation
- May turns
- Like a leg that has no mate and feels like lead
- Better keep it to yourself, I say
- Silence has its melodies within
- I don't want your sympathy