Oh, light bulb foreseen by our God
Save us all from darkness’ rod
You are our Saviour as foretold
In prophecy by ancients bold.
We will worship you at night
When sunken is the sun so bright.
We’ll watch TV and Kindle fire
No more to play shall we aspire.
We’ll wear ourselves out watching screens,
As from a can we eat baked beans
We’ll send for pizzas with our phones
With which we never feel alone.
We might talk to our partner dear
Though texting them is easier.
We see the neon street lights gleam
Where once we saw the moon’s cold beams
And in bed we read our books
With a kindle or a nook
We put beneath out pillows fair
Iphones which we long to hear
Can one have too much new light?
From technology, some take flight
For gone are seasons, and their fruit
As our computer we reboot.
New potatoes all year round
Avocados once quite rare
Now are seem ‘most everywhere.
Melons, grapes and fresh green peas
As the birds sing, life’s a breeze.
Oh light bulbs, fluorescent tubes
Electric candle, light is cubed.
We thank you for extended days
Maybe we’ll find time for prayers.
God is great in mystery
No light bulb can help us see.
In silence, darkness, meditate
Wonder what will be our fate.
As retribution for our wrongs
Satan stabs us with his prongs
He needs no more light in hell
The fiery furnace cooks as well.
Top Posts & Pages
- Not his honey, not his little hin
- He said he was ill but not that he was dead.Men!
- Can you write a good poem fast?
- Mary and the underpants
- Free:a course on poetry writing for beginners
- Too much "life"
- When you connect your phone to your laptop.....does it have the right cable to both transfer files and charge the phone?
- As they float across the sky in silent bliss
- My hovercraft is full of eels