The sky is stark, the air is cool and still
The black cat’s run, the birds unfold all day
I sit down here and with my totty pray
Ye cast o’ foolish thoughts, you raped my will.
We’ve each enraged the bureaucratic mill.
Oh frigid purse, I never meant to pay!
The sky ‘s a-spark, the air is warm and shrill
The saturnine , demoted, knelled their way
With this feathered pounce, my sample quill,
I cite the cheque and date it for next May.
Oh, tit for cat, the tiger’s bed ‘s astray.
Yer life is settled by a harlot’s will
The sky ‘s a shark, the air is cooler still,
Top Posts & Pages
- Which of us desires to dress for war?
- Unless there is a space where we can doubt
- As wildflowers grow on bomb sites and on graves
- Well,I like it
- The most read post in June
- Precognition by Margaret Atwood
- Love itself
- I saw your soul in your transparent face.
- Poetry and the subconscious
- We must look to find out what it is we lack