“When Levinas meditates on the significance of the face, he does not describe the complex figure that could be portrayed by a picture or painting; rather, he tries to make us ‘experience’ or ‘realize’ what we see, feel, ‘know’ when another, by looking at me, ‘touches’ me: autrui me vise; the other’s visage looks at me, ‘regards’ me.”
Top Posts & Pages
- The affect of his choice.
- If we use them we destroy all hope
- We see the neon street lights gleam
- Unknown,unsought, unthought, but always real
- An old Jewish joke
- Not by God
- Carnation,orchid ,daffodil and rose.
- Bereavement is when it's ok to feel bad.
- A Gordian knot describes my new made life
- More and darker Jewish humour