When first I saw your soulful face,
I wished to feel your sweet embrace.
I wished as well to clothe you in
The sacred images within.
To find a home for love without;
To fold my dreams all round about;
Your loving body and your face
Were covered in such joy and grace.
I find my dreams were cast aside;
The world of meaning denied life.
What seemed most precious now is fled…
And I lie sleepless in my bed.
What is the world when unadorned
With all, that in my heart, I’ve formed?
There is no meaning I can trace.
As in a mother’s empty face.
On these grey rocks , my path is hard.
From paradise, my self is barred.
To struggle or to grief succumb,
When this dark day of mourning’s done?
Into His dazzling darkness dart
My dreams and love like dying sparks.
Into His Mystery so fair.
I’ll cast both hope and my despair.
Thus my dreams will be transformed
To show themselves in other forms.
What feels a loss may foretell growth.
On my hope ,I’ll take an oath.
That nothing in my life is waste;
That I have not for phantasms chased.
And you are human,as am I.
Let’s live again until we die
Top Posts & Pages
- Not his honey, not his little hin
- He said he was ill but not that he was dead.Men!
- Can you write a good poem fast?
- Mary and the underpants
- Free:a course on poetry writing for beginners
- Too much "life"
- When you connect your phone to your laptop.....does it have the right cable to both transfer files and charge the phone?
- As they float across the sky in silent bliss
- My hovercraft is full of eels