Like another life, lived in another world
Two years is a long time
And a very short time.
Why did you call Hello in the night?
Only once, but you did not say more.
Now I have cut down a shrub and moved the wheelie bins
So I can sit behind the hedge in sunshine.
I eat my dinner later
I don’t wash up right then.
I read books I am drawn to
But I don’t understand them
Unless some elusive bit of my mind does.
I wake up at 5 am thinking it is morning
A little black cat sits on my garden chair
Won’t come to me, not yet!
I’d like the cat to come inside in the winter
I like to stroke them while I listen to music.
Another world, another person
You’d hardly know me
I am sorry I beat you at chess.
But you beat me in dying.
Top Posts & Pages
- How cheerfully the hours to come will go
- Against self criticism by Adam Phillips
- Mary learns grammar
- And thinking too by Love's despised.
- I let my tongue taste flowers
- It's flu
- Homophones:sound alike but mean something different
- Annie wants Mary to marry an intellectual
- What is a homonym?