The morning sun still low in winter sky
Made brilliant light with darker shadows thrown.
And people looked like watercolour flies
As , nonchalant ,through the shopping mall they roamed.
Here we see in colours black and white.
We do not see the usual shades and hues.
And so inside our mind, a too great light
May prejudice our judgement and our views.
We learn to understand by metaphors.
As did our loving ancestors before.
As cats lie by the fire with softened paws
We were sheep not wolves with slavering jaws
What we see depends upon the light.
So we shall give less credence to our sight
Top Posts & Pages
- English grammar and Latin
- Prescriptive grammar
- Voice to typing ,Google Docs
- May I love you,will you let me know?
- Donald Trump is real and also fake
- The immaculate perception!
- Of being known ,of love
- Who has dropped us from the hands that hold?
- Poetic truth:Wordsworth
- Dejection-an ode by S T Coleridge