Top Posts & Pages
- The importance of poetry
- When you connect your phone to your laptop.....does it have the right cable to both transfer files and charge the phone?
- When I sang , the Bishop cried "Arrest."
- The stone
- What, is a lowly Jew to be adored!
- Wear some leaves like Eve and break the glass.
- Luther's anti Semitic legacy
- Will my tale be written on a leaf?
- About me
- Levinas, Don Quixote and the hunger of the other man
Category Archives: books
I very much like the writer Kenneth Gergen and especially his book, ” The saturated society” http://identitythoughts.wordpress.com/2009/02/11/the-saturated-self-dilemmas-of-identity-in-contemporary-life-kenneth-j-gergen-pt-2/ http://www.qualitative-research.net/index.php/fqs/article/view/553/1198e” I think it’s beautifully written and explains the bad side of post modernism but also how differently it could be used.He got … Continue reading
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2011/aug/29/hannah-arendt-adolf-eichmann-banality-of-evil This is an exceptionally interesting article not to be missed
Originally posted on Schlemiel Theory:
Like many Jews over the centuries, I am fasting to commemorate the destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem in 70 AD. Now that I’m in middle of the fast, I’m having a hard time distracting…
BBC News` Most of what we learn we learn without trying or even knowing consciously.We learn to talk by listening and being close to others… imagine trying to teach it!We learn at school a few things like how to read … Continue reading
http://faso.com/fineartviews/25584/artists-personal-lives-does-it-play-a-role-in-how-you-view-their-art Even if Hitler’s art was good I would not want to see it.Where do we draw the line?s National collection of artists’ lives