Top Posts & Pages
- The importance of poetry
- When you connect your phone to your laptop.....does it have the right cable to both transfer files and charge the phone?
- When I sang , the Bishop cried "Arrest."
- The stone
- What, is a lowly Jew to be adored!
- Wear some leaves like Eve and break the glass.
- Luther's anti Semitic legacy
- Will my tale be written on a leaf?
- About me
- Levinas, Don Quixote and the hunger of the other man
Category Archives: How to writr
https://www.poets.org/poetsorg/text/villanelle-poetic-form “Contemporary poets have not limited themselves to the pastoral themes originally expressed by the free-form villanelles of the Renaissance, and have loosened the fixed form to allow variations on the refrains. Elizabeth Bishop’s “One Art” is another … Continue reading
http://www.creative-writing-now.com/language-poetry.html “Creative Writing Now: In the same essay, you refer to the value of the irrational in poetry, when used correctly — when it is “the right kind of crazy.” Could you talk more about this? Could you talk … Continue reading
http://about-poetry.livejournal.com/146136.html “Mismatched motifs. The form clashes with the topic, the rhythm jangles against the theme, the metaphors are wildly inappropriate, etc. Misused techniques. Poorly chosen allusions, mixed metaphors, overused similes, awkward alliteration — these are examples of valid … Continue reading
A word here about liking a poem. This should of course be our primary objective and motive. But to like is a function of the critical intelligence, as this passage by W. H. Auden makes clear: As readers, we remain in … Continue reading