Top Posts & Pages
- Eagles' claws
- Tickle my fancy
- No matter how we fail
- Not: I Wandered Lonely As A Cloud by William Wordsworth
- Roses have their beauty and their wiles
- A poem given to me outside Lidl's
- A geometrically mean society?
- Are worms as lonely as a Cain who's cursed?
- And let her mercy flow like menstrual blood
- Stan was polishing the windows again
Category Archives: How to writr
http://www.creative-writing-now.com/language-poetry.html “Creative Writing Now: In the same essay, you refer to the value of the irrational in poetry, when used correctly — when it is “the right kind of crazy.” Could you talk more about this? Could you talk … Continue reading
http://about-poetry.livejournal.com/146136.html “Mismatched motifs. The form clashes with the topic, the rhythm jangles against the theme, the metaphors are wildly inappropriate, etc. Misused techniques. Poorly chosen allusions, mixed metaphors, overused similes, awkward alliteration — these are examples of valid … Continue reading
A word here about liking a poem. This should of course be our primary objective and motive. But to like is a function of the critical intelligence, as this passage by W. H. Auden makes clear: As readers, we remain in … Continue reading