Top Posts & Pages
- If I did not write
- Hear a word made to be spoken, see a being of no birth.
- They said she was too hot to hold
- From despair
- 61 Hilarious Yiddish Insults You Need To Know
- How I began to write my blog
- What is poetry for?
- Does poetry matter outside of an elite group?
- Listen Mr Oxford Don....John Agard
- Me history
Category Archives: image
http://bostonreview.net/vivian-gornick-hannah-arendt-on-being-jewish The Jewish Writings is a collection of Arendt’s articles and essays written between 1932 and 1966. For this reviewer, they come as a revelation. I had never understood, exactly, the mental road Arendt traveled to get to … Continue reading
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2013/06/20/why-is-modern-poetry-so-bad/?utm_term=.58189c0d2410 “Our poets today are too timid to say, “‘we,’ to go plural and try to strike a major note . . . on any fundamental truth of human experience.” Unimpressed by or unaware of any poets who … Continue reading
To look upon your countenance is what I most desire To sit with you and hold your hand by this red winter fire But you are now so far away,I do not recognise Those smiling features dear to me and … Continue reading