Top Posts & Pages
- The importance of poetry
- When you connect your phone to your laptop.....does it have the right cable to both transfer files and charge the phone?
- When I sang , the Bishop cried "Arrest."
- The stone
- What, is a lowly Jew to be adored!
- Wear some leaves like Eve and break the glass.
- Luther's anti Semitic legacy
- Will my tale be written on a leaf?
- About me
- Levinas, Don Quixote and the hunger of the other man
Category Archives: photo
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2013/06/20/why-is-modern-poetry-so-bad/?utm_term=.58189c0d2410 “Our poets today are too timid to say, “‘we,’ to go plural and try to strike a major note . . . on any fundamental truth of human experience.” Unimpressed by or unaware of any poets who … Continue reading
Pray, Father,I give you my blessing That’s the wrong way round.Never mind,Tell me your original sins. We don’t have to confess those surely.We are born like that. I mean I am fed up with boring sins like theft and … Continue reading
WORD OF THE DAY February 3, 2017 abyssal adjective | uh-BISS-ul Definition 1 : of or relating to the bottom waters of the ocean depths 2 : impossible to comprehend : unfathomable Scroll down for more about abyssal PLAY NOW … Continue reading
Trapped in cultivated ways ,we may forget That usefulness can also be a trap. Am I the one who never makes a bet? Am I the one who always has the map? We are no automata, we are flesh. And … Continue reading
https://www.poets.org/poetsorg/text/free-verse-poets-glossary “Free verse is a form of nonmetrical writing that takes pleasure in a various and emergent verbal music. “As regarding rhythm,” Ezra Pound writes in “A Retrospect” (1918): “to compose in the sequence of the musical phrase, … Continue reading