Top Posts & Pages
- The importance of poetry
- When you connect your phone to your laptop.....does it have the right cable to both transfer files and charge the phone?
- When I sang , the Bishop cried "Arrest."
- The stone
- What, is a lowly Jew to be adored!
- Wear some leaves like Eve and break the glass.
- Luther's anti Semitic legacy
- Will my tale be written on a leaf?
- About me
- Levinas, Don Quixote and the hunger of the other man
Category Archives: politics
Now the high ups fight about some tapes Princess Di spoke of her rage and grief Releasing secrets is akin to rape If we had no Brexit and some hope The government would not be such a thief Wasting time … Continue reading
With foresight, we may see where problems lurk And root them out before they start to grow Yet often life’s mysteriously dark And what we reap is what another sowed. In hindsight, this seems obvious and plain. But some can … Continue reading
https://www.poetryfoundation.org/articles/69857/political-poems Extract: Plato wanted to banish poets from his Republic because they can make lies seem like truth. Shelley thought poets were “the unacknowledged legislators of the world,” and Auden insisted that “poetry makes nothing happen.” This collection of poems … Continue reading
When ancient peoples sacrificed to god They offered up the best of what they had. The king’s own son would be the frequent choice As insulting a god was seen as vice. And when a man goes courting for a … Continue reading
I felt the sun’s heat on the wheelie bins The plastic lids and handles stung my hand The rumbling wheels made their own ugly din I bumped my leg and nearly burned my shins This work is more familiar to … Continue reading