Top Posts & Pages
- If I did not write
- Hear a word made to be spoken, see a being of no birth.
- They said she was too hot to hold
- From despair
- 61 Hilarious Yiddish Insults You Need To Know
- How I began to write my blog
- What is poetry for?
- Does poetry matter outside of an elite group?
- Listen Mr Oxford Don....John Agard
- Me history
Category Archives: sonnet
If I did not write I could clean house Wash the curtains, hang them on the line Polish my small table and my mouse Make a chocolate cat and drink more wine If I did not write I could go … Continue reading
From time and place and season I am lost, Disorientated ,missing tracks well worn. Do not suppose I’m unaware of cost, Nor label me with epithets of scorn. For usual paths lead to the usual place. The safest way to … Continue reading
Flung into the heights by a fast car I had a feeling time had gone too slow I fluttered like an unsmoked black cigar No fear nor anguish gave me any blow As I flew I looked down at the earth … Continue reading
The knobbled grassy hillocks we walked on May be the graves of monks who are long gone The vertical remains in one high wall From which a blackbird makes his sunset call. The plainchant sung for centuries is here For … Continue reading