Top Posts & Pages
- The importance of poetry
- When you connect your phone to your laptop.....does it have the right cable to both transfer files and charge the phone?
- When I sang , the Bishop cried "Arrest."
- The stone
- What, is a lowly Jew to be adored!
- Wear some leaves like Eve and break the glass.
- Luther's anti Semitic legacy
- Will my tale be written on a leaf?
- About me
- Levinas, Don Quixote and the hunger of the other man
Category Archives: Symbol
At the edge of reverie and dream In the dusk or dawn, the edge of life We catch sight of images sublime The fantasies, the daydreams, how they seem Elusive yet eternal in their strife At the edge of reverie … Continue reading
After many hours of patient thought An image of bright power came to my mind Enabled by techniques my study bought Without such language, anyone is blind. A fever and intensity of will Made my brain catch fire and flash, ignite. … Continue reading
Visit Mike at http://home.btconnect.com/mike.flemming/ I see the wild geraniums, smell that scent I feel all nature is embodied there My heart is singing like the little birds in Dent Into a mountain stream my lover went The sheep then gathered … Continue reading
I felt the sun’s heat on the wheelie bins The plastic lids and handles stung my hand The rumbling wheels made their own ugly din I bumped my leg and nearly burned my shins This work is more familiar to … Continue reading
http://bostonreview.net/vivian-gornick-hannah-arendt-on-being-jewish The Jewish Writings is a collection of Arendt’s articles and essays written between 1932 and 1966. For this reviewer, they come as a revelation. I had never understood, exactly, the mental road Arendt traveled to get to … Continue reading