Top Posts & Pages
- The importance of poetry
- When you connect your phone to your laptop.....does it have the right cable to both transfer files and charge the phone?
- When I sang , the Bishop cried "Arrest."
- The stone
- What, is a lowly Jew to be adored!
- Wear some leaves like Eve and break the glass.
- Luther's anti Semitic legacy
- Will my tale be written on a leaf?
- About me
- Levinas, Don Quixote and the hunger of the other man
Category Archives: words
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/rational-and-irrational-thought-the-thinking-that-iq-tests-miss/ Rational and Irrational Thought: The Thinking That IQ Tests Miss Why smart people sometimes do dumb things By Keith E. Stanovich on January 1, 2015 Credit: ISTOCKPHOTO IN BRIEF Who are You Calling “Smart”? Traditional IQ tests miss some of … Continue reading
A word that’s spoken by a friend can reach Can touch, can move, can embrace in its sounds The inner soul where its vibrations teach. When cut off, silent,after sad defeat Such gentle words can break our sullen bonds … Continue reading
smart smɑːt/ adjective adjective: smart; comparative adjective: smarter; superlative adjective: smartest 1. (of a person) clean, tidy, and well dressed. “you look very smart” synonyms: well dressed, well turned out, fashionably dressed, fashionable, stylish, chic, modish, elegant, neat, besuited, spruce, … Continue reading
WORD OF THE DAY February 3, 2017 abyssal adjective | uh-BISS-ul Definition 1 : of or relating to the bottom waters of the ocean depths 2 : impossible to comprehend : unfathomable Scroll down for more about abyssal PLAY NOW … Continue reading